CCL attaches great importance to your right to privacy and the protection of your personal data. We want you to feel secure that when you deal with CCL, your personal data are in good hands.
CCL protects your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and our data privacy policies. In addition, CCL maintains the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage.
- User privacy and data protection are human rights.
- Personal data is a liability, it should only be collected, processed and stored when absolutely necessary, and should be protected with adequate security measures.
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
2. Personal information collected by Catapult’s website
CCL collects personal information on its website via the following ways:
b. Contact forms and email links Should you choose to contact CCL using the online contact form on our Contact Us page, the data that you supply will be forwarded to one of CCL’s team members acting under this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are requesting services CCL might add your information under Pipedrive. Pipedrive provide us with CRM services and we consider Salesforce to be a third-party processor. The contact details you submit will not be stored on CCL’s website database. Should you choose to contact us via email, the data you supply will be processed in Google mail and Google Drive.
3. CCL’s website server
This website is hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS) within a secure UK based data centre. We consider AWS to be a third-party data processor (see below). All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
4. Information that we do and do not gather
We do collect:
- Personal information sent via this website when seeking more information via CCL’s online contact form, requesting to attend one of our events, applying for job postings or for other similar purposes. Your decision to disclose your personal data is entirely voluntary, and by doing so, you are providing CCL with specific consent to use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have disclosed it to us. CCL may access and use your customer data only for the purposes for which you have submitted it to (a) provide information to you, (b) make contact with you, (c) provide services to you, or (d) maintain the operations and security of the website and services CCL provides to you.
CCL will not:
- Use your personal information for any other purposes, for example the communication of marketing material, unless CCL has your specific consent to do so. CCL will at all times handle and store your personal data in accordance with industry best practice aligned with ISO27001, the international standard for information security. This includes the activities and procedures undertaken by CCL’s own personnel and authorised third parties (see section 9 of this policy), and the technical controls which we have implemented to prevent unauthorised access, compromise or theft of information from CCL’s applications, supporting computer systems and premises.
- Collect personal information of our customers’ clients and employees CCL collects information under the direction of our customers and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of such customers. When CCL provides services to its customers, in some instances it processes personal information about their clients or employees on their behalf. In these situations, it is CCL’s customers rather than CCL who decides the reasons for which the client Information will be processed. If you are a client or employee of one of CCL’s customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of CCL’s customers that use our service or for details of how the client information will be used and protected, and details of how to access or correct the information, please refer to the privacy statement of the CCL’s customer to which you submitted your personal information. CCL may transfer personal information to companies that help provide CCL’s service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with CCL’s customers.
- Gather sensitive personal data that GDPR specifies as a set of personal data categories which are considered to be “sensitive”, and which require special consideration by Data Controllers. This website, and any services available from this website, do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal data, and supporting Privacy Impact Assessments (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR).
5. Third party data sub processors
CCL uses a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out
- Google (for website analytics)
- AWS (for hosting this website)
- Pipedrive (for sales administration and account management purposes)
- LinkedIn (social media)
- Facebook (social media)
- Twitter (social media)
- Instagram (social media)
- Google Adwords and remarketing (digital advertising)
The activities within which each of these Data Processors participates have been recorded within the applicable Privacy Impact Assessments (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR).
6. Social media platforms
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that CCL’s website and its owner participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. CCL’s website nor its owner will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons from LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account. We consider LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to be third party data processors.
7. Your rights
CCL acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data should directly query CCL’s customer. If requested to remove data, CCL will respond within the applicable legal timeframe. CCL will retain personal data CCL processes on behalf of its customers for as long as needed to provide services to its customers at their instruction. CCL may also retain this personal information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements.
You have several rights connected to the provision of your personal data to CCL using this website. These include your rights to request that CCL:
a. confirms to you what personal data CCL may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes;
b. changes the consent which you have provided in relation to your personal data;
c. corrects any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which may be held about you;
d. provides you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere;
e. stops processing your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved;
f. permanently erases all your personal data promptly, and confirms to you that it has done so (there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this);
If CCL does not address your request or fails to provide you with a valid reason why it is unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint. They can be contacted via their website (http://www.ico.org.uk ) or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
8. Collection of information using cookies
9. Disabling Cookies
- Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/e
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chr
- Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-
- Apple Safari http://docs.info.apple.com/art
10. Data breaches
CCL will report any unlawful data breach any of its third-party data processors to all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, where feasible.
11. What does providing us with this information mean?